There are still several days to apply for an Allan Robertson Grant from the International Peatland Society. These are prestigious grants (though the application is relatively brief – plenty of time to still apply!), which offer funding to support your peatland work, as well as funding for travel to/from and registration for the International Peatland Congress to be held in Tallinn, Estonia, in June of 2020.
There is a huge chance for you young members of the UK TPWG and other organisations to receive one of the 250-500€ grants if you apply within the next few days.
The main requirement is that applicants are under the age of 30, though this is somewhat flexible if a good reason is given. Both students and young employees are eligible.
Have a look at the conditions and share the information within your network: https://peatlands.org/about-us/honoursgrants/
Application deadline is already 31 January.
(*this is excluding the UK TPWG meeting, obviously!)
The 16th International Peatland Congress:
Peatlands and Peat – Source of Ecosystem Services
|The International Peatland Society and Estonian Peat Association invite you to submit an abstract for the 16th International Peatland Congress that will be held in June 2020 in Tallinn, Estonia.
Due to many requests, the Scientific Committee is delighted to announce the deadline extension of the Call for Abstracts for the 16th International Peatland Congress to 31 January 2020.
Important Deadlines for Abstract Submission
- Extended deadline for Short Abstract Submission (up to 300 words): 31 January 2020
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance: 2 March 2020
- Deadline for Extended Abstract Submission: 15 March 2020
- The presenting author must register by 15 March 2020 and pay the registration fee by 22 March 2020 (please note that registration is required in order to be included in the programme, and to have abstract published in the in the official Proceedings of IPC2020.
|Main Topics for Oral and Poster presentations:
Congress topics are divided into two categories: Peatland Ecosystem Services and Peatland Management.
The 27 subtopics are covered by these seven topics:
- PROVISIONING SERVICES
- REGULATING SERVICES
- SUPPORTING SERVICES
- CULTURAL AND SOCIAL SERVICES
- PEATLAND AND PEAT RELATED ECONOMIC SERVICES
- PROTECTION AND RECLAMATION OF PEATLANDS
- EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES AND TECHNIQUES FOR PEATLAND AND PEAT RESEARCH
What is new at the #IPC2020?
PEAT-Talks • Digital posters • “Meet the expert” sessions • “Meet-a-colleague” networking breaks • Movie programme and public lectures • Photo contest
Find more information on the Congress website and 2nd Announcement of the IPC2020.
We hope you will take the advantage and be part of the international society in Tallinn to interact with peers, discuss with the experts and share your research and knowledge.
The 2nd announcement of the Congress is a perfect guide for you to see what’s new at IPC2020, to discover the topics and programme, to help submit the abstract and plan your travel.
We hope to see you as part of the IPC2020 family!
T: +372 740 4095